This is the first of our latest series of posts, in which we feature photographs from destinations around the world. This post is the incredible Cappadocia Turkey.
Cappadocia is a region that is unique. We first made our adventure to Cappadocia, Turkey in November of 2016. There is an undeniable atmosphere to it that feels as if it from another planet. It’s the sort of place that is hard to fully describe in pictures and text. With its extensive network of trails, forgotten churches, ruins, and caves it is easy to get lost in this “other world.” The whole region seemed to change within one day as the dry November air made for drastic changes of light and splendid photographs. It was a place that even after we left, we knew we’d have to return some day again. To put it simply we’d never been surrounded by geography that felt more foreign. So here it is, our Cappadocia pictures.
Plan and Pack for Cappadocia
Book a Tour
Sometimes it’s nice to let someone else do the work!
Travel Water Bottle
Plastic pollution is a problem in Turkey so it’s best not to contribute to the problem of buying plastic water bottles everywhere – plus the water from the taps here is perfectly safe to drink. We’ve shifted to using an insulated aluminum water bottle as it handles the hot sun well.
However, we also love filtered water bottles in areas we’re uncertain of the water supply. Read more about our favorite water bottle for travel in our post.
Of course, what you wear all depends on where you live! For those heading to Turkey in the Spring or Fall, you may want something a little warmer. For those days we always reach for a warm fleece jacket.
Patagonia’s Synchilla Snap T Pullover fleece is the best fleeces for the beach in our opinion. The fleece has a classic relaxed cut that has a timeless look for a walk on the beach or evening bonfire. It’s a double-sided fleece that provides plenty of warmth while remaining soft and comfortable.
These were great to have! You’ll do a lot of walking around Turkey in the extremely hot sun. Hiking sandals allow for your feet to breathe and they do not collect sand when trudging through the desert. You bet we’ve reviewed the best hiking sandals for travelers!
Skin cancer is for real! Don’t forget your SPF when traveling around Turkey. We recommend ordering some online before leaving the house as you will need it underneath the sun in the summer.
We highly recommend getting an eco-friendly sun cream that does not contain harmful chemicals.
Remember that Turkey uses the Europlug. Make sure you find a good adapter like the one I have to keep you charged. Otherwise, you may be paying for a cheap one once you land.
Travel in Europe
- 21 Dream Destinations to Travel to After the 2020 Pandemic
- 14 Best Honeymoon Destinations When You’re on a Budget
- 36 Most Beautiful Cities in Europe (2020)
- Hiking in Greece • The 15 Best Hikes in Greece (2020)
- How Much Does a Trip to Greece Cost?
- The 15 Best Hikes in Cyprus (2020)
- What to do When Your Airline Goes Bankrupt? • 13 Helpful Tips
- 15 Things to Know Before Going To Italy
- 19 Best Things to do in Paros, Greece • Paros Island Travel Guide
- Traveling to Greece? Here are 20 Greece Travel Tips to Know
- 11 Best Things to do in Naxos, Greece • Naxos Island Travel Guide
- 17 Best Things to do in Milos, Greece • Milos Island Travel Guide
- 18 Epic Things to do in Crete, Greece
- 30 Facts About Greece That Will Blow Your Mind
- 20 AMAZING Things to do in Mykonos, Greece
- The Best Time to Visit Cyprus (2020) • Month By Month Breakdown