*This post is sponsored by Zappos, all thoughts and opinions are my own
Our recent trip to the Yukon could not have been any more perfect. Late August in this Northern Canadian territory provided us with the opportunity to see the leaves change and adventure around in the cool autumn air.
We spent an entire week exploring the best that the Yukon has to offer which naturally, included great outdoor activities. Thankfully, I brought the perfect shoes for this outdoor trip.
What Outdoor Adventures Did We Get Up to?
Considering we were camping and driving from Whitehorse to Dawson City, the Dempster Highway, and then going into Tombstone National Park. Followed by driving back down to Whitehorse again via the Top of the World Highway in Alaska we were pretty much outside for the entirety of this trip.
We love being outside and tried to maximize our short time in the Yukon as much as possible. Our first big outdoor day was when we drove the Dempster Highway, we spent a lot of time grabbing photos in Tombstone National Park. We had time for a short hike as well, which was epic with the fall colors.
Afterward, we drove in Alaska for more fall goodness and were able to enjoy an amazing day road tripping before we went on two-day hikes in Kluane National Park back in the Yukon. Every day we were either exploring outdoors or in the car between points.
What shoes did I bring for this trip?
I knew I would be in the car or on a trail for the majority of this trip. I wanted something that was comfortable to hike in early fall temperatures with, but that also looked great with jeans and everyday wear. Since I was in and out of our truck many times on the road trip the shoe needed to be incredibly flexible and lightweight.
These are a trail running shoe ideal for running a bit on easy to moderate hikes. We saved our legs for our big hike days in the Canadian Rockies and took an easier week here so the trail runner shoes were perfect.
They are breathable, with a comfortable footbed, have a flexible midsole and come in fun colors. Most importantly I could wear them on the trail and then into town later for dinner with casual clothes.
I ordered my Merrells off Zappos. Zappos is my go-to online shoe carrier as they have so many styles and sizes to choose from. Not being an in-store shopper, Zappos makes it incredibly easy for me to get what I want right to my doorstep when we are visiting the USA.
Zappos offers fast and free shipping and 365-day return policy. We stay pretty busy so all of these things make shopping online for shoes super convenient. We love to use them for many of our footwear needs!
All in all, it was a fabulous trip to the Yukon and I can’t wait to return. We’re always checking off new Canadian destinations and striving to get out on the trail as much as possible in our lives!
Check Out These Posts
- What To Wear Hiking In The Mountains
- The Best Hiking Clothes for Women!
- Hiking Tent Ridge On Smith Dorrien Trail
- Hiking Wasootch Ridge in Kananaskis Country
- Best Hiking Backpacks in 2019
- The Best Backpacking Stoves
- Best Daypack For Travel Around The World
- The Best Travel Backpacks For Europe & Abroad
- Best Travel Water Bottle To Carry On Your Next Trip
- Best Travel Towels For Backpacking Around The World
- 75 Backpacking Essentials You Need to Have Outdoors!
All Around Canada
- 32 EPIC Things to do in Canmore in 2020 (From a Local)
- Planning a Trip to Banff National Park • A Step By Step Guide
- 40+ Best Things to do in Banff Canada (From a Local)
- 14 Best Honeymoon Destinations When You’re on a Budget
- Best Time to Visit Banff (2020) • Month By Month Breakdown
- Where to Stay in Banff • The Best Banff Lodging You Can Find
- Bourgeau Lake Hike to Mount Bourgeau in Banff National Park
- Scrambling Observation Peak on the Icefields Parkway – Hike Guide
- Hiking Mount Allan in Kananaskis Country • A Smart Hike Guide
- Hiking Windtower Near Canmore • A Smart Kananaskis Hike Guide
- Hiking Smutwood Peak in Kananaskis Country • A Smart Hike Guide
- 16 Ways to Have an EPIC Banff Christmas
- The Ultimate Banff Itinerary (From One Day to a Week)
- Hiking Tunnel Mountain in Banff National Park
- 50+ BEST THINGS TO DO IN CANADA (Province and Territories Breakdown)
- 20 Best Hikes in Banff Ranked (Easy, Moderate, and Hard)
- Christmas Fun in Banff With Our Columbia Gear From Zappos
- Staying in Canmore Vs. Banff As a Base in the Canadian Rockies
- All You Need to Know Before Visiting Peyto Lake
- How To Enjoy the Lake Louise Ski World Cup to the Fullest!
- An Ideal Banff Packing List • What to Pack for the Canadian Rockies
- All You Need to Know Before Visiting Moraine Lake
- 20 Banff Travel Tips To Help Make Your Canadian Rockies Trip Amazing!
Travel Quote Inspiration
Tips For Your Next Trip
- Top 25 Tips For Female Travelers
- How To Save Money For Travel
- Travel Banking Tips To Save Money
- Long Haul Flight Survival Tips
Pack Your Bags
Last Updated on