*This post is sponsored by Zappos, all thoughts and opinions are my own
Summer is finally here in the Canadian Rockies. Even before the pandemic was a thing last November I was already planning to spend my June, July, August, and even September enjoying the region that I call home.
Canmore is one of the most beautiful spots in all of Alberta to enjoy the sweet summer air. We’re surrounded by endless mountains, wildlife, and beautiful views at all times. It’s also a really easy place to social distance yourself, there is plenty of outdoor space for everyone!
We’re planning to spend this summer biking, canoeing, and of course hiking as much as we can in our Merrell Moab 2 boot.
I’ve been a fan of Merrell’s signature Moab hiking shoe and boot for years now. It’s recommended all over this website and the shoes have come with me around the world, from Italy to South Africa. Using them to get active outside in the Canadian Rockies only seems natural.
We’ve been getting up to a lot of fun things here with our Merrells. Here are some of the best things you can do around Canmore in the summer.
We really can’t mention summer and Canada in the same sentence without mentioning canoeing. There are literally hundreds of spots in the Canadian Rockies to grab a canoe, kayak, or stand up paddleboard and take to the water. One of our favorite spots is on the Spray Lakes, where the photos above were taken.
We’ve mentioned before that there plenty of hikes around Canmore and in Kananaskis Country. Even if you’re a beginner hiker you can enjoy the Canadian Rockies. There is something for every skill level here, from extreme beginner to hardcore mountaineer.
Like a canoe, a bicycle is a staple here in Canmore. Most locals have one to at least get into town, but they are great for covering distance and riding into nearby Banff. We’ve put over 1000 km on our bikes already and plan to do a lot more!
The Town of Canmore is about as beautiful as it gets. It’s a small mountain town with mountain town vibes. Of course with things opening back up we are planning to enjoy the outdoor bars and restaurants, safely of course. Other than patron local businesses the Town of Canmore is amazing to walk around and take in the views.
Getting Outdoors During COVID-19 Tips
- Only hike with those in your immediate household
- Stay at least 6 ft. away from others on the trail
- Stick to local trails
- Wash your hands when you get back, and consider packing hand sanitizer in your hiking backpack.
Get Your Hiking Shoes on Zappos!
We ordered our Merrell Moab 2’s off Zappos. Zappos is our go-to online store as they have a wide range of styles and that extends beyond shoes. Not being an in-store shopper, Zappos makes it incredibly easy for me to get what I want right to my doorstep.
Zappos offers fast and free shipping and 365-day return policy. We stay pretty busy so all of these things make shopping online for gear super convenient. We love to use them for many of our footwear and outdoor wear needs!
Check Out These Posts
- Christmas in Banff with Zappos!
- Fall in Northern France with Zappos!
- What To Wear Hiking In The Mountains
- The Best Hiking Clothes for Women!
- Hiking Tent Ridge On Smith Dorrien Trail
- Hiking Wasootch Ridge in Kananaskis Country
- Best Hiking Backpacks in 2019
- The Best Backpacking Stoves
- Best Daypack For Travel Around The World
- The Best Travel Backpacks For Europe & Abroad
- Best Travel Water Bottle To Carry On Your Next Trip
- Best Travel Towels For Backpacking Around The World
- 75 Backpacking Essentials You Need to Have Outdoors!