I used to pass my time reading new adventure quotes on travel before we left to explore the world. It wasn’t all that long ago that we’d sit in our cold NYC apartment in February reading quotes about adventure from more intrepid adventurers. It became a ritual in the mornings on my way to the gym.
I’d start with a new adventure quote – one that prepares me to tackle the world.
During that time we spent our days reading books on our long commute to work and nights were spent watching films that focused on travel and adventure. And saving every penny we could for travel. Adventure is a pretty subjective word to me, but in the basic sense, it’s anything that is exciting and unusual. For our most recent adventure, it was amazing safaris across Africa!
It’s why many people in our generation choose to travel over buying more material items. However, when you dive into literature and film you find that the idea of a life full of moments and adventures is not a new one. It dates back all the way to the ancient Greeks.
We have spent so much time contemplating what it is we’d like in life and we’re still not sure, but we do hope it’s always an adventure. I hope that these quotes inspire you to live a fulfilling life too. In no particular order here are a handful of the best adventure quotes about travel!
Looking for Awesome Adventure Quotes?
1. “You know you are truly alive when you’re living among lions.”a
2. “Every man’s life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.”
3. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.”
4. “Adventure is worthwhile.”
5. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
-H. Jackson Brown Jr.
6. “‘It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
7. “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
8. “Adventure is worthwhile in itself.”
9. “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
-Henry David Thoreau
10. Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure.”
11. “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by.”
12. “Oh the places you’ll go.”
13. “People don’t take trips, trips take people.”
14. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.”
15. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.”
16. “The man who goes alone can start today, but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.”
-Henry David Thoreau
17. “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.”
-Robert Louis Stevenson
20. “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.”
21. All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.
22. “I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.”
-Eric Roth, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
23. “So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
-F. Scott Fitzgerald
24. “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.”
25. “When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
26. “The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
27. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.”
– David Mitchell
28. “A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter that the outcome, he will know he has been alive.”
29. “A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints.”
30. “One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.”
- How Much Does it Cost to Travel the World?
- 38 Beach Quotes You’ll Love For Instagram
- 110 of the Best Travel Quotes for Inspiration
- 30 Romantic Travel Quotes for Couples
- 50 Short Travel Quotes to Inspire You to TRAVEL
- 15 Things We’ve Learned From Overlanding Africa
- Why Don’t Americans Travel Internationally?
- 10 Of Our Best Travel Tips For Any New Traveler