Paros Island is one of the most beautiful Greek Islands, with plenty of things to do and some amazing Paros beaches to enjoy. Paros has white sand beaches soft enough to dig your toes into, unlike many Greek islands where pebbled beaches are the norm.
Surrounding the entire island, from Naousa to Parikia, are some of the best beaches in Greece. There are many beach bars, places to windsurf, or places to chill and do nothing. Let’s dig into the best Paros beaches!
Where to Stay in Paros?
The Best Beaches in Paros
1. Molos Beach
If you’re seeking a quiet, relaxing day by the shore, Molos Beach is the perfect seaside escape for you. It’s pretty secluded and protected from the wind experienced at other area beaches.
It’s also located pretty far away from any major sites, meaning it stays very quiet, even in the peak of summer. While there are no facilities at this beach, you’ll find a seafood eatery at the south end.
2. Paralia Chrisi Akti (Golden Beach)
Also known as Golden Beach, it has been said that this may be the most stunning beach in Paros. Enjoy a long stretch of soft sand and shallow, clear waters that are suitable for the whole family. You don’t have to worry about hurting your feet on pebbles, like on many other Greek beaches. It’s soft sand and worry-free days ahead.
A selection of restaurants and beach clubs are located nearby, and in July and August, the windy conditions make it a top spot for windsurfing and kitesurfing. This long golden sandy beach extends for 700 meters and is the best Paros beach to windsurf on.
3. Santa Maria Beach
The golden sands of Santa Maria Beach are perfect for sunbathing and the shallow water is perfect for family swims. The north end has everything if you want to be surrounded by restaurants and various beach amenities.
If you want to escape the crowds, just wander a little further to the south where it’s much quieter. Snorkeling, windsurfing, kitesurfing, and diving are popular activities at this beach.
4. Kalogeros Beach
If you notice people slathering mud over their bodies while visiting Kalogeros Beach, there’s a reason for this; that mud found on this beach is said to have healing powers. This beach is a little off-the-beaten-track and doesn’t feature the amenities many of the other popular beaches do, but that’s what makes it so wonderful!
5. Faragas Beach
Situated on the south coast of Paros, Faragas Beach features three sandy coves with sparkling blue water perfect for taking a dip or doing some snorkeling. The two coves on the end are left as nature intended while the center one is a little more upbeat with a beach bar and umbrellas and chairs for rent.
6. Parasporos Beach
Parasporos Beach is a small, sandy stretch with calm water that’s perfect for swimming.
It’s just located south of Parikia, the capital of Paros. The beach is known for its lively, late-night parties during the summer months.
7. Ambelas Beach
Ambelas is a small, quaint fishing village located about 13 km far from Paros town and 5km from Naoussa. Ambelas is a nice alternative to escape the crowds in town.
Even when this beach gets crowded, there’s still plenty of room to find a nice quiet spot to yourself. Nearby, you’ll find an assortment of tavernas serving fresh seafood and more.
If you are into cliff jumping there is some to be had here!
8. Pounda Kite Beach
If parties aren’t your thing but you want some beachside excitement, Pounda Kite Beach plays host to the Windsurfing World Championship and is home to some kitesurfing and windsurfing schools.
9. Kolympethres Beach
The unique rock formations that line this beach are a big draw for many people, but so are the beautiful, sandy areas of this beach. Many amenities are available including beach clubs and water sport facilities where you can rent equipment for sailing, kayaking, paddle boarding, and windsurfing.
10. Marcello Beach
Swimming is suitable for all ages at this sandy beach with shallow, greenish-blue water. It’s also a well-equipped beach with many amenities including a beach volleyball court, sunbed, umbrellas and several beach bars.
11. Monastiri Beach
Lively is one word that can be used to describe this sandy beach with a sheltered bay and calm, shallow water. On-site, you’ll find sunbed and umbrella rentals, a cafe, several hiking trails, an outdoor cinema and a lighthouse. In summer, beach parties with concerts and water sport competitions are hosted.
12. Piperi Beach
Piperi beach is Naoussa’s main beach. It’s less than a 10 minute walk from town and a bit further to Naoussa’s main fishing port. Its proximity to Paros most beautiful town means it see plenty of people. But with that you have some amazing restaurants, boutique shopping, and cafes just a stones throw away.
The winds tend to be strong at Piperi Beach, so it’s great for sunbathing but there are plenty of days when the water is calm enough to enjoy a refreshing dip in the sea. Both ends of this beach are rocky but you’ll find nice sandy spots in the middle. You won’t find beach amenities such as bars, restaurants, and sunbed rentals here.
13. Aliki Beach
Aliki Beach is a small strip of strand in the town of Aliki. It’s not the best beach in Paros, but it is steps away from plenty of seaside eateries, a few boutique shops, and guesthouses so it’s perfect if you are staying in the area and don’t want to get in the car to go somewhere.
The Best Beaches in Paros Map
Other Things to do on Paros (beyond the Beach!)
- Stroll Around Lefkes: Lefkes is a charming town that will bring you back to a different time in Greece. Well worth a half day of exploration.
- Have Drinks in Naousa: Naousa is the hippest places on Paros, and is where you’ll find many of the traditional white Cycladic Greek buildings. It’s a great place to have a drink followed by dinner.
- Take the ferry to Antiparos: Antiparos is just a 5-minute ferry ride away from Paros and is a nice place to go when looking for a chance o scenery.
The Best Restaurants in Paros
- Siparos Seaside Restaurant: An upscale Greek restaurant that is easily the best restaurant on Paros.
- Markakis Restaurant: A family run restaurant in Piso Livadi with beautiful seafood and an astonishing view.
- Thalami: Nice restaurant near Ambelas that is affordably priced for fresh fish!
What to Pack for Paros?
We have an entire packing list for traveling around the Cyclades and the best of the Greek Islands. But in general, you will need a bathing suit, sunscreen, sunglasses, and flip flops! Read the rest here!
READ MORE GREECE TRAVEL TIPS
I hope you enjoyed this guide on the best Paros beaches! Here are a few relevant articles for more travel around Greece!
- The Best Beaches on Corfu
- The Best Things to do in Corfu
- The Best Things to do in Milos
- The Best Things to do in Santorini
- The Best Things to do in Rhodes
- Things to do in Naxos Island!
- The Best Things to do in Mykonos
Greek Travel Planning Resources
- ‘Hello’ and ‘Thank You’ in Greek: “Yasou” and “Efharisto”
- Currency: Euro – (EUR) – €
- Visa: Schengen visa. Which is 90 days in the European Union out of 180. Many nationalities are granted this on arrival for free. Check with your embassy to see if that is you.
- Weather: The weather in Greece is a Mediterranean climate. This means winters are mild and rainy, while summers are warm and dry with plenty of sunshine throughout the year.
- What to Pack: Warm weather clothes and a swimsuit, don’t forget a good pair of clothes to go and a jacket for cool nights. Read about what to wear in Greece.
- Budget: If you’re in the initial stages of planning, check out our awesome post that breaks down how much a trip to Greece costs.
- Rent a Car: We suggest most visitors consider renting a car for the best trip possible. Try Discover Cars to compare quotes from different rental agencies. Check Price Here!
- Protect Your Trip: Don’t forget to purchase travel insurance! We always carry travel insurance to protect us from injury, theft, or a canceled trip. We use HeyMondo for our insurance needs.
- Tours in Greece: Check out our list of the best tours you can enjoy in Greece!
- Travel Adapter: Make sure you find a good adapter to keep your personal electronics charged. Otherwise, you may be paying for a cheap one once you land. Purchase one here.